- Norway 2007 - Page 1
- Norway 2007 - page 2
- Norway 2007 - page 3
- Norway 2007 - page 4
- Norway 2007 - page 5
- Norway 2007 - page 6
- Norway 2007 - page 7
- Norway 2007 - page 8
At the end of March 2007, a group of loonies escaped from Shire Land Rover Club and visited Norway.
Given the vaguaries of the weather, and uncertain local road conditions, our plans were deliberately open-ended. The aim was to drive north as far as possible, as quickly as possible, hopefully reaching Tromso before returning in a more leasurely fashion.
The members of our party were as follows :-
Tim & Lou - Modified 90 Tdi. Richard & Tracy - D-Lander - Freelander style body on Discovery chassis, Tdi powered. Mike & Beccy - Tomcat 100", Tdi powered. Dave & Gavin - Ibex 240, 2.8 powerstroke engine.
All vehicles were equipped with diesel powered auxiliary heaters for comfort and safety.
Locations for overnight stays :-
- 01/04 - Hotel Augustin, Bergen
- 02/04 - Campsite, Tretten, 61.28N, 10.36E
- 03/04 - Wild camp, Namsskogan, 64.997N, 13.253E
- 04/04 - Campsite, Lake Storvika 67.63N, 15.93E
- 05/04 - Polarsirkelen Hoyfjellshotell, 66.735N, 15.465E
- 06/04 - Wild camp, Namsskogan, 64.997N, 13.253E
- 07/04 - Campsite, Trondheim, 63.43N, 10.7E
- 08/04 - Campsite, Dombas, 62.195N, 9.548E
- 09/04 - Campsite, nr Lillehammer, 61.025N, 10.451E
- 10/04 - Campsite, Tyinkrysset, 61.205N, 8.233E
- 11/04 - Campsite, Bergen, 60.374N, 5.458E